Sunday, August 24, 2014

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 1



Hello! I am waiting for the new episode of Doctor Who to (re) air because I missed it at 7 so I figured I would go ahead and start the first day of the challenge!
Day 1 Question- A book series you wish had gone on longer OR a book series you wish would just end already
I could go with the cliche answer and say Harry Potter or Percy Jackson (2 of my absolute favorite series of all time.) but I thought I'd go with something else. One of my other favorite series is the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini.
I fell in love with this series after I accidentally picked up the Eragon audio book at my local library (thinking back i don't remember what I actually wanted). I like to say its fate that i found them. All four books, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance are spectacular. Though the first book, Eragon, did have slower moments of more character development, so it wasn't pages wasted, rather things that don't automatically draw you in. It is one of those books you have to put up with for the first 50 pages before you get to the "good stuff".
I haven't read the books in quite some time but i do remember when the last book, Inheritance, came out I was on a road trip to Missouri. I went through the whole book fairly quickly because i was dying to know what happened. I love the book of course but I feel like there were so many plot lines and sub plots that Paolini could have branched off of, such as the continuation of the final dragon egg plot line. Overall, I wish that there had been more story because I loved the writing and feel that Paolini did a fantastic job with the plot line.

Note: This is not a review, simply an answer to the question. 
Unfortunately i do not have a review of any of the books

No comments:

Post a Comment